Britney's not crazy, says Alli Sims

Britney Spears' cousin and former assistant Alli Sims says the troubled pop star is "not crazy," but she's worried about the singer's new beau, paparazzo Adnan Ghalib. Despite paid offers to dish on Spears, Sims has stayed out of the fray. She has never commented on the singer before and wants it known she was not paid to talk. She breaks her silence to Us Weekly in its latest issue. "I do not think Adnan is a good person," Sims, 26, tells Us. "I think he only has bad intentions. He has given me a weird feeling and creeped me out. I wish he would just go away. When you go through your whole life just listening to what everybody tells you to do, you get to the point where you're not used to having to pick out yourself what is really important," she says of her relationship with Spears and her adviser Sam Lutfi. Sims is adamant that Spears was not on drugs before she was hospitalized on Jan. 3. "I do not think that is the issue at all," she says. "I was with her for eight months pretty much every day and never witnessed anything like that – and I lived there." (Sims was not with Spears during her meltdown, despite reports otherwise.) The aspiring singer says Spears "adores" her two children and is simply upset and sad by her custody situation. "I wish people would give her a break and lay off her," she adds.