Nicole opens up about pregnancy

With the birth of her first child just two months away, Nicole Richie says her pregnancy has helped her bond with her biological mother - and brought her closer to dad Lionel Richie. "When I found out that I was pregnant," she tells Access Hollywood, "there was just something inside of me that felt a responsibility to mend any issues that I've had with my parents in the past, because, listen, I've put them through a lot." Richie, 25, adds that she has spent time bonding with boyfriend Joel Madden's mother, and her dad, too. "[The baby] is all he talks about, actually," Richie jokes, adding that he doesn't want the baby to call him"grandpa." Though many of the gifts at Richie's baby shower indicated that Richie and Madden are expecting a boy, she says she and Joel are waiting to find out the sex of the baby. "I like to know everything," she says. "If he wasn't at every doctor's appointment, I probably would have found out by now just behind his back and not told him." In her interview, which airs in two parts on Tuesday and Wednesday, Richie says she and Madden are holding off on planning their wedding. "I got to hold something for when I get older," she says. "I can't have everything happen in one year."